I’ve made this dish for MANY years during the hot months. I actually make it a little different each time because I use what’s in the refrigerator. I also always use Cento San Marzano Peeled Tomatoes because they taste perfect with this dish. Great as a snack or side dish and super fast to make! (I’ll make it again tomorrow and take a picture so you can see how delish it looks!)Print Recipe
1 lb. Strawberries, hulled (save a 3-4 for garnish)
1 large Tomato, or 3 Cento Peeled Plum Tomatoes
1 large Cucumber, peeled and sliced into chunks (save 1/4 Cup cubes for garnish)
1 medium Sweet Red Pepper (de-seeded and cut into chunks)
2 cloves Garlic
1 Avocado (cut into small cubes for garnish)
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/3 Cup Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
Sea Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper to taste
1/8 Cup Cilantro leaves (cut stems off, for garnish
- Place all Strawberries, Tomatoes, Cucumber and Garlic in food processor.
- Process until mixture is very smooth (perhaps 2-3 minutes)
- Add Lemon Juice, Balsamic Vinegar and blend slightly.
- While processing on slow speed, add enough Vegetable Broth to get a smooth, silky texture.
- Taste and adjust with Sea Salt and process slightly till you like it.
- Allow to cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes. When ready to serve, garnish with Strawberry slices and Avocado cubes. Sprinkle with Cilantro.
I’ll post the recipe after I make it. (realize I ‘Jedi Cook’ – meaning I don’t always go by a recipe, I often just make it up with ingredients on hand)