This is a delicious Spaghetti Sauce by a great family friend Jim E. There is actually a story behind the “Millennium Edition” but let’s call it a secret (it’s where super-smart people work).
Jim’s Spaghetti Sauce – Millennium EditionCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
A scrumptious & easy pasta sauce with lot of earthy big flavor – make a big batch!
1 Green Pepper
5 Stalks Celery
24 Small Brown Mushrooms
4 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic
4 Bay leaves
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Basil
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. Rosemary
1 tsp Fennel Seed
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
64 oz. Cento San Marzano Organic Crushed Plum Tomatoes
1 lb. Ground Organic Chicken
- Chop Green Pepper, Celery stalks, and Brown Mushrooms.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large pot.
- Add chopped vegetables into pot to sauté until mushrooms loose their firmness.
- Crush Garlic cloves and add to pot.
- Add Bay leaves, Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Rosemary, Fennel seed, Salt and Pepper to pot and stir well to incorporate.
- Stir in Cento San Marzano Organic Peeled Tomatoes (break them up with your hand).
- Reduce heat, cover partially (to let it breath a little) and let simmer.
- In skillet pan, brown Organic Ground Chicken. Once browned, drain any potential fat and add chicken to the pot.
- Allow pot to simmer for 2 hours.
- You use what you need and put the rest in containers for the refrigerator or freezer.
- Cento San Marzano Organic Peeled Tomatoes are the BEST I have ever found – for taste as well as the Nutrition Facts Label. They are pretty common in stores but Trader Joes or Staters always has them.