UPDATE: I’m convinced these were probably a promotional item – I can’t find them ANYWHERE!
Remember I bought some of these Ortega Fiesta Flats to try? Well, it’s Taco Tuesday today so I decided on Tacos for lunch. I started reheating some of the leftover Taco Meat I made a couple days ago and thought why not make something with these Fiesta Flats instead.
Note – this recipe is using some leftovers so it will be shorter and very quick to make!
Ortega Fiesta Flats, 1 box
Leftover Tacos Italiano filling
2 Grape Tomatoes
4-5 sprigs Cilantro, chopped
2 stalks Romaine Lettuce, chiffonade
2 tbsp. Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
1 tsp. Almond Milk
- Microwave to reheat the leftover Tacos Italiano meat (usually 1 minute 45 seconds is enough).
- Microwave the Ortega Fiesta Flats per instructions.
- Dice up Grape Tomatoes.
- Chiffonade Romaine lettuce.
- Crumble Cacique Queso Fresco.
- Chop Cilantro.
- Mash 1/2 of an Avocado well. Add a little chopped Cilantro. Add just enough Almond Milk so it becomes creamy (about 1 tsp.)
- Assemble Flats with Taco Meat. Sprinkle Tomatoes, Romain and Cilantro over Taco Meat in Flats. Drizzle Avocado dressing over each Taco boat and serve.
These are not only fast to make but they are fun to eat! I think it might be something the nieces and nephews may have fun making themselves!