I like having these once a month or so. I made these again today (to get the picture for the recipe) and also tried something new. I added a couple Baby Spinach leaves to each Avocado pocket before adding the egg – I wont do that again! It tasted wonderful however the Baby Spinach made it difficult to spoon through and ended up being messy! So next time I’ll fine chop the Spinach to make it much easier – experiment and learn!
1 Avocado, halved and seeded
4 Baby Spinach leaves
2 tsp. Cacique Queso Fresco cheese
Sea Salt and cracked Black Pepper to taste
Optional – I find I like it best with a medium sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper.
Optional – I find I like it best with a medium sprinkle of chopped Cilantro.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pit. Scoop out about 1 1/2 tablespoons of Avocado to create enough room for the egg..
- Put the Avocado halves in a baking dish and place an aluminum foil ring around each Avocado halve to hold the Avocados level. This will keep the Avocado from tilting so the egg does not spill out..Crack one egg on top of each Avocado half.
- Line the hole for the Egg with the Spinach leaves.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Cacique Queso Fresco cheese, Sea Salt and cracked Black Pepper to taste and serve.